As you know the Hostgator is one of the best hosting providers. Maximum website creators want to host a website with the services of Hostgator. But what you will do when you buy a domain name with the other domain provider. If you are worried about this that what you will do now then here comes the answer. Now let’s know about How you can link a domain name to Hostgator?
If you buy a cool and desired domain name from another domain name service provider then you can also host it with Hostgator.
Steps to link a domain name to Hostgator
- Login to your account and go to the Domain section available on the left side.
- You will see two option “search for a domain name” or “already own a domain”
- Click on the already own a domain name & select “connect your domain”
- If you haven’t already, you may be prompted to Upgrade Your Account to Link a third-party Domain
- Once you have confirmed the payment option then you can link your domain. A pop-up will appear for you to enter the domain name you’d like to link & click on the domain name.
- Then you will reach where you will find some instructions that you have to take your current registration account.
- Login to your account with the company you registered your domain name.
- Locate the DNS management section in your control panel
- For a builder, sites add a Record to your domain that points to your IP address.
- Once your domain link to your account visit manages the domain to assign it to site.
- Read through & complete the steps until you reach the summary page.
- Click Finish to submit your changes to Gator.
With the above-mentioned information, you can easily host your domain name on the Hostgator. The steps are easy to follow and understand.