Typically, data from websites is stored in a single location on a single server in all hosting services. But it is different in Cloud Web Hosting. Rather storing all the data of the website in a single server it separates data into different servers and different places. These servers are connected together and use data from the nearest cloud server on the query of users.
How does Cloud Hosting work?
In cloud web hosting service your data of the website is kept on virtual machines. That is connected to all the different servers from different places. It collects data from any nearby server of the cloud And gives fast results on the user’s query. There are fewer chances of fault due to distributed documents. When one server makes difficulty in getting results, it collects from another one.
Categories of cloud there are 4 categories of cloud hosting on the basis of location. Public cloud. In this cloud, the machine holds the data of multiple websites along with you. It is similar to a shared server. Private cloud. In this cloud, only your data will be hosted individually. Its specially for your website. And the resources won’t be shared with other cloud users. The user gets full control and security of resources. Hybrid cloud. It is a mixture of private and public clouds. Users can use both the services and share the data between them as per requirement. Like AMAZON WEB SERVICES and MICROSOFT AZURE. Community cloud. In this cloud, the services and resources of cloud shared among organizations of a similar goal. And who belongs from the same area or community.
Types of Cloud Hosting Services
There are 4 types of cloud services based on service (IAAS, PAAS, FAAS, SAAS).
- (iaas) infrastructure as a service. Under this service, you hire an IT infrastructure from your service provider on a cost basis.it provides virtual server space, load balancers, and IP addresses. It gives virtual service resources to the user. Basically, it provides cloud-based services.
- (PaaS) platform as a service. This service is made to instant create websites or apps. There is no burden of storage, network, and databases. This service is for instant working on demand. It provides hardware and software tools on the internet.
- (faas) functions as a service. It is the service of cloud hosting. Which provides an easy policy to create and develop application components to user Without the framework and technical difficulty.
- (saas) software as a service. By this service, you can deliver software applications on the internet. (saas) work on demand and on a subscription basis. The user gets complete help from hosts related to maintenance and performance.
Benefits of Cloud Hosting
- It provides security to the owner. Due to the separation of servers. That means other cloud server users cannot interfere on your server even if they overload their server.
- It is a balanced, fast and secure server. You are free from hardware issues like a physical machine. And if one machine goes offline where your data is stored. Then it collects from another machine having the same data.
- In a cloud server, you get more tools and better service. Since your website using a server that is shared in different machines and places. This improves processing power.
- A cloud server is adaptable. It is easy to upgrade and use, you just have to inform your service provider. And upgrade services if your traffic is increasing.
Drawbacks of cloud hosting.
After benefits, you should also know about some bad points or disadvantages of cloud hosting.
- Data insecurity.
- It totally depends on the internet connection.
- Data mobility issues.
- Technical problem.
- Less control.
- Speed limits. Etc.