SSL certificates is most important for a website. Before discussing the importance of it we should know the definition of SSL to understand that what it actually is? SSL stands for the Secure Socket Layer which provides the secure connection between the browser and the server. Have you ever noticed in a website URL some says HTTPS and some HTTP? The website which contains “s” with HTTP protocol that has SSL certification that “s” means the security which the SSL provides to the website. While working on a website we all share many confidential pieces of information, this certificate will give the security between the browser to the server.
SSL certificates are used for security of your website as you can transfer your data securely and for secure login, credit card transactions, other personal information. If a website is having this certificate then it contains the padlock on the left side of url and has https protocol. This is security provided by the website to the customer that they can stay for a period of time on a website.
Is SSL is necessary? This question is mostly asked by the visitors? As we all know that doing work online is not safer so we need some securities to protect our information and data on which we work. SSL is very important for the safety of your website. Here are some benefits which will help you to understand why there is a need for SSL certificates for a website.
- Protects the data of a website
SSL helps you to protect from the dangerous hackers while dealing with IDs password or some confidential information. After the Installation of SSL certificate the data get locked and it can only be unlocked by the browser and the server.
- It gives Better Search Engine Rankings
According to the Google algorithm updates, google give rise up that websites which contain the https protocol. SSL certificate having website provide better search engine rankings.
- Reliable and Trustworthy
As SSL certification having website shows the padlock on the left side of their address bar which will indicate the customer that the website is taking their privacy seriously. Sometimes browser declares without certification site to the unsafe site.
- Provide Secure Online Payment
If you have an e-commerce site then you have to deal with many online payments, for secure dealing you have to install this certificate. SSL accepts the payment in encryption. So, the details of your card will be safer.
- Google Announce SSL Mandatory in 2018
In 2018 Google declares the SSL certification mandatory. If any of the website browsers found which do not contains the certificate then they show their website with the warning like ”Unsafe” or “ Not Secure” to the visitor.
How Do SSL Certificates Work?
- First whenever the browser visits a website then it checks the SSL certificate and if it is there then the browser referred to do SSL handshake.
- During the handshake, the browser checks the validity of the SSL Certificate of a website.
- SSL certificates deal with two keys private key and a public key which is used for the encryption and decryption to secure communication.
- It also contains another key “session key” which is used after the confirmation of valid This makes SSL communication faster.
- After the handshake process, the secure connection established. Now the person and the server can communicate safely.
What is SSL handshake?
It is a process used to establish the keys to communicating safer and secure. During the process, the person and the server share some private information to have a secure connection between them.
Factors affecting that affects the Purchasing of SSL Certificates
While purchasing the SSL certificate a few things which we have to set in mind. These are some factors which we have to check before buying any SSL certificates for your websites.
- First, you have to understand the level of the security certification authority.
- It is most important to check the validity of the certificates, information of the organization and the number of servers.
- Audit the reviews about the Certificate Authority to work out which provides better
- Check the trust site seal of the certificate before purchasing.
- Last but not least you should have to check the support of SSL certification.
Top 5 companies which provide reliable SSL certificates
There are many companies which deals which the SSL certification. You can get the certificates at affordable cost from these companies:
For protection and security, these are the companies which are always on the top of the lists. They provide one of the best facilities with the best services. The companies are reliable and trustworthy.